Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Still On The Drugs

Since my surgery I've been taking three different drugs, but mostly Motrin and Vicodin. Upon telling two of my friends that I was on Vicodin, the first thing they wanted to know was if I was hallucinating yet. They had to explain that to me, since I've only seen like four episodes of House. It's been five days since the surgery, but I'm still not eating solid food, and I'm still swollen. This was my first major surgery, and I can't help but think that I'm going to do everything in my power to avoid ever needing any major medical anything ever again. Maybe I'll have to suffer a broken bone though. After all, Dad broke his leg skiing, Mum broke her collarbone falling out of bed, and my brother broke his arm falling off the couch. If I have to have something major and medical again, I hope I'll have a good story. Like, "I broke four ribs when my para glider shredded in mid-air", or "I damaged my internal organs when my bungee cord snapped". I changed my mind. Forget a good story, I just don't want anything major and medical happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment