Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Beautiful Clutch That Happens To Be Possessed

This is the clutch purse I made for my Alaska cruise. Isn't it lovely? I used some black mohair yarn with sequins that I bought at a charity shop in Brandon, England. The edging is doing with Vanna's Choice Glamour silver, and the button was lying in my desk. The flower was on sale at Sears, and had the right colors so I added it. It turned out quite lovely, I rather love it, and I swear I shall never make another ever again. Why? Well, the pattern called for a 3.5mm crochet hook, which is a tad small. I tend to try and crochet with a bigger hook, because it's easier on my fingers. Let me connect the dots here. Small hook, plus yarn with sequins, plus time limit to finish, equals the project I have hated working on the most. I invested hours into this clutch. It's gorgeous! But I hated working on it. Anyway, it's quite lovely and I'm pleased with my result.

2 comments:

  1. That is incredibly beautiful! Did you make the rose as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I think I said it above, but no, I bought the flower at Sears. :)

    ReplyDelete