Saturday, December 4, 2010

Pret A Manger

I can't remember if I've ever bothered to mention on this blog that I lived in England for three years. Most people who know me are probably tired of my stories by now. The reason I bring it up is because I was in Washington D.C. yesterday to see the Air Force Band and the Norman Rockwell exhibit at the Smithsonian. We (my mother, brother, and I) took the Metro into town. As we are riding the escalator to the street level, our heads emerge from the dark underground station and a heavenly light glowed upon us. Well, not really, but it was pretty close. Right in front of us at the very top of the escalator was a Pret A Manger. For the poor, sad, uninitiated, Pret is a pre-prepared sandwich place. They make everything that day, and whatever isn't sold is given to the homeless. It's also a place we frequented all the time in England. I looked it up when I got home and discovered that while officially 85% of Pret shops are in the UK, they have 2 stores in Washington D.C., 24 stores in New York, and 10 in Hong Kong. For those who've never been to Pret, I would heartily recommend it. It's delicious, and all natural. Not to sound like a commercial. Still, I was absolutely psyched to be able to have lunch at a Pret yesterday!

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you blogged. How fun! It's been fun perusing your entries! Keep it up! -Xan

    ReplyDelete