Friday, December 17, 2010

Getting Lost

Sorry, I'm not getting deep here. I mean the TV show. I'm almost finished with season 1, and I have to say, it's interesting. Some TV shows, like Doctor Who, grabbed me right away and didn't let go. I'm a fan through and through and wait for every episode eagerly. This show, Lost, this bizarre and brilliant show, didn't do that. Instead of grabbing me right away, it slowly wrapped around me, and is only now beginning to cinch down. Before I get too caught up in that metaphor, I'll switch into normal terms. Lost is a show I'm not obsessive about. It's interesting, but not as phenomenal (to me) as some other shows. However, the writing and character development is amazing, and that's what I'm fascinated by. Over the course of the first season, my opinions of characters have flip flopped so much, and some characters I have five or six differing opinions on all at the same time. Some characters I flat out just like. I like Jack, Kate, Sun, Hurley, and I really like Charlie and Claire. Some characters I don't like at all. I don't like Jin. Some characters I go back and forth on, like Michael and Sayid. Some characters I like, or hate, and don't understand. That would include Locke (who gives me the creeps, even though I like him) and Sawyer (don't get me started on that guy). The fact that this show is able to stir up such fascination into the lives of seemingly ordinary people is very interesting to me, and that's why I'm enjoying Lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment