Saturday, May 29, 2010

And the depression settles down...but first a recap.

So before I launch into my story about today, let me recap what I've been doing. Having left on May 15, and arrived in Vancouver on the 16th, we boarded the m.s. Statendam and set sail on a week long cruise. The morning we docked in Ketchikan, I threw up twice and was confined to quarters, unable to go see Ketchikan. I did however see Juneau and Skagway, the following two towns. When we left the boat in Seward, we took a shuttle up to Ted Stevens International Airport, rented a dark red Altima, drove up to Denali, spent the night, spent the whole day, spent the next night, and drove back to Anchorage the next morning. We've been staying with friends on the hillside and have managed to see a vast majority of our friends so far.

Which brings me to today. Today we went to the Saturday Market, various errands, and piano recital for some old friends. I've had various minor arguments with my mother all day, which haven't really caused a tension, but have been wearing me down more and more. I hate having that sort of interaction. It was all sort of building up around me. When we arrived at the recital, we started talking to our old friends, and one by one the kids started coming up. Three of the daughters are in my age range, and the younger and older I'd already seen and had fun talking to a few days prior. When the middle daughter came out, who I was always great friends with, she didn't even greet me, except for maybe a vague hello. To be fair, she had students in the recital and probably was busy...except that she bother to talk to our moms, and didn't appear to be busy. Normally stuff like that doesn't bother me, but altogether...I'm just not feeling particularly jolly today.

No comments:

Post a Comment