Friday, January 21, 2011

Since last I wrote

I'm really bad at this whole blogging thing, aren't I? Well, I'm more consistent than I am with my journal at least. So I spent a week in Colorado, visiting all three of my grandparents, seven aunts and uncles, eleven cousins, ten family friends, plus various other people. It was quite busy, but good. We took my grandparents to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader, which I loved both times I saw it. My mum's mother enjoyed it but found many faults with the movie, as she is a self proclaimed "Narnia purist". I like accuracy, but bizarrely book-to-film is one of the few areas of my life where I'm not a perfectionist. I can be satisfied with just about any book-to-film adaption. I mean, I loved Stormbreaker and that was a terrible representation of it's book. One of my grandmother's main points with Dawn Treader was that instead of redeeming the lords who were asleep at the table, the swords had to be collected and placed together to break the hold of the Dark Island. Her point was that originally it was a representation of salvation, but adding the sword thing made it seem like we had to earn our redemption. I can see her point, but I don't agree. Even after she explained it, nothing about that aspect of the plot struck me in that way. I understand, but I don't think that was something that was intended/altered whatever to achieve or remove that particular theological ideal. Speaking of movies, I also so TRON: Legacy a second time, which is a pretty awesome movie. I don't think I need to see it again for awhile, but its one I really enjoyed. And seeing it in IMAX was very impressive. One of the last things I did in Colorado was drink a Strawberry Tsunami at Jamba Juice. That's heaven in a styrofoam cup. If you haven't the foggiest what I'm talking about, they renamed it to Strawberry Surfrider because they thought "Tsunami" was insensitive after that big tsunami however many years ago. Its an amazing drink under any name though. I did come home with a nasty cold, but I'm more or less over it, and I'm planning to go deliver food to the homeless tomorrow, so that should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment